Coronavirus infection is associated with only mild or moderate symptoms in 80% of the cases. In the remaining 20%, the symptoms are severe or can even be fatal (1-2%), affecting mostly the elderly and those with other illnesses. The major danger of coronavirus consists of its two important characteristics: it has a very long incubation period (2-14 days), and at the same time, it infects very easily even during the incubation period. These 2 features combined greatly facilitate the spread of the infection, as those infected may not even know they are infecting others as well. As a result of this, the coronavirus can cause a large number of infections within a short period of time, burdening health care and distracting the proper treatment of serious cases. Because of the above, it is the individual responsibility of every member of the society to slow the spread of the virus down.
Why does everyone go crazy from coronavirus? Print
Modified on: Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 4:17 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.