Switching to the new insurance company:

Why is my insurance changing?

How is this insurance different from our previous insurance?

We switched insurers on December 15th and your insurance will be transferred to a new platform, the [Collective] platform. This change is due to your feedback from courier partners so we can provide you the most appropriate insurance.

Your new insurance will be better in several ways:

- We provide coverage for common injuries such as sprains and fractures, as well as medical expenses, hospital care, serious injury, and death. (you can read more about this later)

- Filing a claim will be easy without filling out long forms and tricky questions. Once your claim has been approved, the money will be in your account within 5 days (or even earlier).

Collective staff will be at your disposal throughout, from non-stop customer service to FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) to help you understand insurance.

What is Collective - About Registration and Procedure

Collective is an insurance and insurance services platform specifically for independent contractors.

Who is eligible for the service?

In Hungary, all Wolt courier partners are entitled to accident insurance when delivering or waiting for tasks via the Wolt application, provided they have a permanent or temporary EU residence and EU address. Exceptions are courier partners who have not yet reached the age of 18 or who have already reached the age of 70.

How do I register?

As a Wolt courier partner, Collective will send you an email to register. Registration is easy and takes less than 30 seconds. From now on, you can view your insurance coverage in one place and file a claim quickly.

Is this service free / how much does it cost?

Wolt provides you with this insurance completely free of charge. We take over all costs - all you have to do is register!

What do I need to register?

We will automatically add you to the program! Once you have registered, you have nothing to do but to check your insurance on the Collective website and submit your claim quickly.

What am I insured for?

If you have an accident while working at Wolt, your insurance covers a number of events. Your insurance covers:

- Accident and damage to health

- If you have an accident during delivery and one of your body parts sprains or breaks, you may be entitled to a lump sum payment. (Exceptions are injuries to the fingers and toes)

- You can also reclaim medical and dental expenses if the treatment is due to injuries during an accident during transport.

- If you have an accident during delivery and you need hospital care for more than 48 hours, you are entitled to an additional lump sum for each day of care, but for a maximum of 2 weeks.


You can claim a lump sum payment in the event of a serious damage to your health that will result in you being partially or completely disabled.

Accidental death

In the event of an accidental death, your family may claim a lump sum payment. They may also be reimbursed quickly to cover funeral and repatriation costs.

Log in to your account to see what amounts you are eligible for.

What happens if I get sick?

Unfortunately, your insurance does not include sick pay - although you will soon be able to purchase this cover for yourself in addition to your existing insurance.

Is my vehicle insured?

Unfortunately, Wolt does not provide insurance for your vehicle.

When am I insured?

You are always assured when you provide delivery services to Wolt, or when you wait for delivery through the Wolt app, and for 30 minutes after you are offline.

What happens if I work with companies other than Wolt?

You can do this at ease, but only if you have an accident while delivering to Wolt or waiting to be delivered through the Wolt app.

Is this replacing my personal insurance?

This insurance is in addition to the statutory insurance and is not intended to replace your existing insurance. If you are unsure whether you would like this insurance, please reply to the registration email and we will contact you.

Filing a claim - Everything you need to know

How do I file a claim?

To file a claim, you need to log in to your account and provide some personal information and information about what happened.

Some evidence needs to be uploaded, including:

medical certificates

proof of costs

your bank details so that the amount of compensation can be transferred after the claim is approved.

What documents are required to file a claim?

In the event of an accident or serious injury, you must prove the injury, for example with a medical certificate, in order to file a claim for compensation.

To be reimbursed for hospital care, you must provide proof that you were in hospital, such as medical findings.

You will need to submit an invoice or receipt to reimburse expenses (such as medical expenses).

Finally, in the event of an accidental death, your family will need a death certificate, although funeral expenses may be claimed before the statement is issued. They will need a temporary death certificate to claim funeral expenses.

How can I prove that I was online on the Wolt app at the time of the accident?

No worries! Wolt can confirm that you were online when the accident occurred.

How long does it take to receive compensation?

After filing a claim, they will check to see if you are eligible for the claim and whether you have uploaded the appropriate documents. Once your claim has been approved, the money will be in your account within 5 days.

Does the insurance cover if my cell phone is lost, damaged or stolen?

Unfortunately, mobile phones are not currently covered by Collective insurance.

I can't find the answer to my question here. What to do?

If you have any other questions about your insurance, feel free to email wolt@collectivebenefits.com.

How do I file a claim for liability insurance?

Please write directly to tpl.claims@wolt.com regarding your claim or any other matter.

You can search for us directly!

We always want to help, so feel free to contact us at any time.

You can reach us at partnershungary@wolt.com!


Liability Insurance Questions and Answers

Is there liability insurance among the services?

Wolt has separate liability insurance to cover statutory liability if you perform delivery and / or other work on Wolt's behalf and cause personal injury or property damage to other persons (so-called "third parties") with or without a vehicle.

What does Wolt Courier Partner Liability Insurance cover?

This is an insurance policy for you as a Wolt courier partner. Wolt is a party to the insurance policy and the policy covers liability under the law only if you perform delivery and / or other work for Wolt and cause personal injury or property damage to other persons (so-called “third parties”). cause.

Do I need to activate my insurance?

No, you are automatically insured and you do not have to do anything.

When am I insured?

During or on behalf of Wolt. However, note the following:

- Bicycle couriers are covered by the insurance as long as they are logged in to the partner application online and deliver by bike or on foot on behalf of Wolt.

- Couriers working by car or scooter are covered by the insurance when traveling on foot and not by vehicle.

I already have compulsory motor third party liability insurance. How does this relate to general liability insurance?

Insurance provided through Wolt is always covered by statutory insurance - such as compulsory motor third party liability insurance / motor third party liability insurance.

This means that you must still have the compulsory motor third party liability insurance required by law. However, this new insurance provides coverage for car and scooter couriers in some situations where traffic insurance does not, such as in the event of an accident during delivery on behalf of Wolt, but the courier is not traveling by vehicle but on foot.

I have liability insurance. How does this relate to Wolt's liability insurance?

Insurance provided through Wolt is always in addition to statutory insurance.

What do you cover?

Courier Liability Insurance provides protection in the event that you are held legally liable for injury or property damage to other persons (called “third parties”).

Accidental injury to a third party

Accidental damage to property owned by a third party

What does it not cover?

Not work for Wolt

Damage to or injury to third parties while driving a vehicle

Self-inflicted injury and / or damage to personal property

Damage and / or loss of transported items

Does it cover damage to my own property?

Insurance provided by Wolt does not currently cover items you own, e.g. you are on your bike, your phone, your motorcycle damage.

However, if you are delivering with a motor vehicle and another motor vehicle causes an accident, damage to your property will usually be covered by compulsory motor third party liability insurance. As a bicycle courier, consider taking out additional insurance to cover damage to your property.

What should I do in case of an accident?

Never say, 'It's my fault' on the spot.

- Safety first, if someone is injured, call an ambulance

- Write down the other person's name, address, telephone number and vehicle registration number

- If possible, take a photo of the damage

- Provide third party contact information at tpl.claims@wolt.com

- As soon as you get home, report the incident to tpl.claims@wolt.com.

What information do I need to provide when filing my claim?

- What happened?

- When and where did it happen?

- Did the accident cause harm to another person?

- Do you have relevant photos (such as damage)?

- Can you provide the contact details of the person (s) involved in the accident - and possibly the vehicle registration number?

- Did you witness the accident? If so, can you provide your contact information?

- If a vehicle was involved in the accident, can you provide a copy of the official accident report form that either you or someone else has completed in connection with the accident - for example, a standard European accident reporter.

- If a police report has been made, can you share it?

How do I file a claim?

If you were driving a car at the time of the accident, you will need to contact your insurer and they will instruct you on what is required. If the accident occurred while delivering by bike, e-bike, or just on foot, give the third party the tpl.claims@wolt.com contact.

As soon as you get home, report the case to tpl.claims@wolt.com with the following information:

Name, address and telephone number

Name and contact details of the third party involved in the case

Attached pictures, video, audio recording, police report, official accident report, if any

Brief presentation of the event

When did it happen (date and time)?

Where did it happen (address, street name, etc.)?

What do you think happened?

What should I do if someone is injured during delivery on behalf of Wolt?

Safety first!

In the event of an accident, the first step is to check that those involved are well.

If someone is injured or in danger, call the emergency number and make sure help is on the way.

I have other questions about liability insurance.

That's right, that's the key! We are happy to answer, and if it is a question that arises several times, we will add it to the list of frequently asked questions!

Contact Wolt at courierinsurance@wolt.com or email wolt@collectivebenefits.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible